The Rehabilitation Services Team provides a broad range of therapy services at Maluhia Long-Term Care Facility. Short term rehabilitation is available for those patients who anticipate returning to their own home after an illness or injury. Caregiver education and training are provided to family members as part of the program. These services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy all focused on helping patients live their daily lives with as much independence and confidence as possible. Our therapists provide therapy for a variety of conditions, including, but not limited to, orthopedic injuries, stroke, cancer, neurological, degenerative diseases and other medical problems. We have a multi-lingual staff able to work with Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and Filipino patients.
The different types of healthcare professionals in the rehabilitation department include:
- Physical Therapists: Physical Therapists help patients regain strength, flexibility, balance, range of motion, mobility, and endurance after an injury, surgery, or illness. The Physical Therapists also provide assistive device training with the goal to achieve their highest functional level.
- Physical Therapy Assistants: Physical Therapy Assistants implement exercise programs and treatments that are developed by the Physical Therapists and assist the physical therapist as needed .
- Occupational Therapists: The Occupational Therapists help residents improve their activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, toileting, grooming, home safety, and problem solving skills after an illness or injury. The Occupational Therapist may recommend the use of adaptive equipment to help patients achieve greater independence with self care needs.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants implement exercise programs and treatments that are developed by the Occupational Therapists. and assist the occupational therapist as needed.
- Speech-Language Pathologists: The Speech-Language Pathologists are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), and help patients with communication, cognitive, and swallowing disorders.
The Rehabilitation Services department is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
For more information, please contact us at (808) 832-3019.